Review Information & Policy
We believe in keeping our readers completely informed. We want you to know that we review for you and not for the manufacturers and/or brands. All reviews are unbiased, unpaid and completely and boldly honest.
At times we have posts that should be distinguished from posts that feature a product submitted by a brand for consideration, we also have a disclosure for when we have purchased the item ourselves. Many of the reviews that have this disclosure are upon request of our followers and readers.
Any pertinent disclosures will be included in the specific post. Common disclosures/symbols you will find are:
• Review featuring press sample(s) sent for consideration may be identified by this button
Brands, manufacturers, their representatives (such as their public relations firms, marketing affiliates, brand community managers, and retailers will send a product for consideration. Consideration means that the product is sent to us so we can try it out and determine whether it is a product we want to review and include on the blog. We make all decisions regarding when, how, and if the product is even mentioned on the blog. We do not accept compensation for any product reviews.
• Review featuring product(s) purchased by Color For Chocolate for review may be identified by this button
• We use affiliate links where the retailer gives us a commission if you click and purchase. Those reviews and or articles will be identified by this button:
The majority of links to third-party retail websites are affiliate links. We only receive commission if you purchase the product through the link. It does not add any cost to you as the customer. The commission comes out of the retailer’s pocket, and the commission can range from as little as 1% to as much as 12% depending on the retailer, campaign, product type, etc. For many of our affiliates, if a product is returned, the commission is returned as well. The use of affiliate links help us balance the cost of the running the site, website hosting, products purchased for the reviews, etc.
Sponsored posts disclosures:
Sponsored posts are specific posts that we have been compensated for. Occasionally, there are sponsored giveaways, where the compensation may be in the form of prizes and/or financial compensation for exposure. Each sponsored post will be noted within the articles disclosing the brand or company that has provided prizes or compensation for the specific post. We do not endorse or otherwise review products for compensation, so you will see topical content, giveaways, or advertorials (advertiser/brand-written content) for feature. Any opinions from Color For Chocolate within those articles are honest and our own and have not been paid for.
• Honesty: We review products in full and do not discard or ignore areas that could be improved or are issues of concern. When you see a review that doesn’t mention any cons, that means we couldn’t find any. We do consider normal usage and normal consumer perception. We never review a product based on the brand or social status of a brand. We review completely on the product itself, excluding any products that could be used in conjection to improve product performance. Our goal is never to nit pick about a product but to provide the pros and cons of that product though our experience with the product. Our goal is to provide the best and most honest opinion in each review.
• Personal Experience: All reviews are only written based on the author’s personal experience with the product and are not influenced by third parties (advertisers, brand representatives, public relation representatives, etc.) We don’t include any verbiage provided by a third part unless it is under manufacture claims and it will be inside of quotations and sited. Products are only tested on the author reviewing the product and will be tested as long as necessary for a proper product review.
• Based on claims: Each product is tested, swatched and reviewed based on the claims the manufacture makes about the product. As much as possible, we refer to advertising text on the retail websites and/or description as written by the brand in press kits or on the product packaging. Whenever we feel we have to make interpretations, we try to walk readers through that interpretation.
• Rating System: We created our own rating system, known as The Read, to help readers understand reviews and the components that each rating is based on.