Since I posted a picture of this palette a lot of people have asked about it. This is the Morphe Brushes 35 Color Glam Palette.
My first impression when this palette arrived was that this was one of those palettes that looks bright and pretty but when you try and use it, its dull and chalky. I was extremely surprised that this was not the case. This Glam palette is made up of a great range of matte, frost and satin eyeshadows.
I randomly selected a few shadows to swatch because well.. my arm isn’t that long. I used my everyday eyeshadow primer Tarte 24/7 creaseless primer for this swatch. I used the Morphe Brush Crescent Shadow brush for the swatching.
- 1 This appears to be a rich violet matte shade. I was disappointed by the payoff without a primer but with a little primer, the color really pops.
- 2 This was another shade I was disappointed in. The color stuck more to the brush than it did to my skin and seemed to even roll or flake up. However, like 1 it really popped with a little primer.
- 3 I expected for this color to do what the other mattes did, however, it had a little more pay off than the first two.
- 4 I loved this shade. It had great pay off without the primer and it had a little sparkle added into the satin finish.
- 5 This color had great pay off on its own. It did stick more to the brush then my skin but it performed well when blended in.
- 6 This shade would be perfect on a blushing bride. It had great payoff without having to really rub the brush into the shadow. It looks amazing with the primer and blends well.
- 7 It looks amazing in the pot, unfortunately like most matte yellow shadows I have encountered they fall a little short. The pay off was horrible and even with the primer the color wouldn’t come to life without a lot of work.
Rating | B
Price | $19.95
Availability | MorpheBrushes.com (Oct ’13)