Hourglass Cosmetics No 28 Lip Treatment Oil
As the weather gets cooler and drier, so does your skin. In Winter’s holiday bag of holiday fun, it also brings along cracked, dry, chapped skin and lips. To display your favorite lip color at those holiday parties, you have to be lip ready. The Hourglass Lip Treatment Oil is here to help.
The Hourglass Lip Treatment Oil comes in an elegant futuristic pump tube. The lip treatment serum is dispensed from an anti-bacterial palladium 24K plated tip. I was very intrigued to find out what magically serum could be inside this beautiful tube.
To my surprise the Hourglass Lip Treatment Oil is enriched with 14 essential oils and 10 lipid-rich plant oils! I had to discover what each essential oils had to offer:
- Bois De Rose – Eases anxiety, relieves dry, itchy skin
- Lavender – Soothe minor burns dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area
- Geranium – Anti-inflammatory, antitumoral, antibacterial, antifungal, antispasmodic, antiseptic, astringent, antidepressant, sedative, homeostatic (stops bleeding), diuretic, liver and pancreas stimulant, detoxification, dilates bile ducts for liver detoxification, insect repellent
- Petitgrain – attributed to its properties as an antiseptic, anti-spasmodic, antidepressant, deodorant, nervine and sedative substance
- Lemon – known for its ability to clean toxins from the any part of the body
- Rosemary – beneficial for dry and flaky scalps. antimicrobial and antiseptic qualities that make it beneficial in efforts to eliminate eczema, dermatitis, oily skin, and acne
- Vanilla – powerful antioxidant, vanilla essential oil is used for skin care as well. A few drops of vanilla oil when added to any face pack prevent damage of the skin cells, due to the toxic action of pollutants and toxins
- Clove – can be attributed to its antimicrobial, antifungal, antiseptic, antiviral, aphrodisiac and stimulating properties
- Amyris – extremely moisturizing, helping to keep dry areas hydrated. It also reportedly improves blood circulation wherever it is applied – antiseptic, balsamic, decongestant, emollient, muscle relaxant, sedative, and useful to soothe and soften dry, irritated skin
- Orange – promote the production of collagen increase your blood flow to sooth dry skin
- Ylang Ylang – has a soothing effect and its balancing action sorts out over-dry as well as overly-oily skin by balancing the secretion of sebum, and has a stimulating effect on the scalp
- Eucalyptus – Skin conditioning agent
- Cedar – equally beneficial in curing acne, arthritis, bronchitis, cystitis, dandruff, dermatitis, stress, kidney disorders and as a treatment against oily skin
- Rose Geranium – helps to balance the secretion of sebum and clears sluggish and oily skins, while the antiseptic and cicatrisant properties make this oil an effective aid to help with burns, wounds, ulcers and other skin problems
- Hazelnut – helps to tone and tighten the skin while strengthening capillaries and assisting in cell regeneration
- Kukui Nut – penetrates skin deeply to hydrate and soften and is used as an emollient in skin care. Kukui oil is used to treat a variety of skin ailments such as eczema, psoriasis and burned or damaged skin. Kukui is an excellent botanical source of fatty acids and antioxidants, as well as Vitamins A,C and E
- Rose Hip – known to correct dark spots and hydrate dry, itchy skin, all while reducing scars and fine lines
- Borage – superior in restoring moisture and smoothness to both the dry skin as well as the surfactant damaged skin
- Olive – contains valuable vitamins and nutrients, and it is loaded with antioxidants
- Green Tea – to exert sun damage protection by quenching free radicals and reducing inflammation rather than by blocking UV rays. benefits for various skin conditions including psoriasis, rosacea, wrinkles, wounds, and scars
- Cherry Pit – contains natural antioxidants, alpha, delta and gamma tocopherols plus vitamins A & E. It also contains a polyunsaturated fatty acid called eleostearic, a conjugated linolenic acid that prevents UV absorption by forming a barrier on the surface of the skin or hair
- Sweet Almond – full of vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, containing plant-derived compounds (ursolic acid and oleic acid) which are known to be anti-inflammatory and can repair the skins barriers
- Jojoba – quickly gets absorbed into the skin and does not leave behind any oil residue creating a powerful barrier against moisture loss, as well as against allergens and dust pollution. It softens dry and pesky patches and restores the skin to a healthy condition
- Evening Primrose – extremely moisturizing, helping to keep dry areas hydrated. It also reportedly improves blood circulation wherever it is applied
This amazing oils and vitamins provided short and long term benefits to the skin on your lips. The Hourglass Cosmetics No 28 Lip Treatment Oil also includes so very interesting ingredients:
Viamerine (Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides) is known for hydration and a reduction in the appearance of wrinkle depth. Viamerine is a “vegan” replacement for lanolin, lanolin oil and wax. Which makes me happy because I’m allergic to lanolin. It helps maintains and improve the skin barrier function. Clinical testing on this ingredient has shown to hydrate all three epidermal layers and reduce the appearance of the depth of wrinkles.
Saliporine-8 (caprylic/capric triglyceride & salicornia herbacea extract) is an extract from the glasswort plant. It has antioxidant properties, improves skin hydration and helps lock in moisture. Clinical testing on this ingredient has shown an increase in moisture levels of up to 6000% after applying it twice a day for 28 days.
Volulip™ is known for improving lip texture, shape and softness. It provides improvement of the internal and superficial lip texture with a visible impact on the lip shape. It also provides increase of the lip volume, hydration and softness as well as an anti-ageing and anti-sagging effect. Clinical testing on this ingredient has shown visible improvement in lip shape, softness, volume and hydration.
Hourglass Cosmetics No 28 Lip Treatment Oil
Price | $42.00
Availability | Hourglasscosmetics.com
Product: An advanced anti-aging treatment for lips that combines botanicals, vitamins and three powerful active ingredients in a supremely luxurious oil blend. No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil targets the delicate lip area by boosting moisture levels, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, and improving the appearance of lip shape, volume and softness. Equipped with an opulent 24-karat gold-plated tip—it’s the gold standard for lips.
Application: This product is dispensed by a pump that is 24K gold plated tip, it doesn’t come out too much so it’s less likely for you to use too much. It feels silky and gel like but absorbs without leaving a film.
Texture: This product is an oil, however it feels like a gel lip balm or a light lipgloss. It doesn’t feel greasy or runny.
Quality Of Ingredients: This product has an All-Star line up of great ingredients. Quality products that are well known to hydrate, plump, firm and moisturize skin. The only ingredient that I would be cautious about is the Lavender. Lavender is a great essential oil, however it can be irritating to the skin in some consumers and should not be used in high concentrations by pregnant women.